Monday, 2 December 2013

Onto the Finals!

I'm pleasantly surprised when I discovered that I pulled off another A+ on the second test, woo hoo!! I think this goes on to say the importance of studying something that you really enjoy --- not only would you enjoy it, but you would also do well in it. I have my fingers crossed that the exam won't be brutal and that everyone could have a nice holiday break.

Too bad I missed the part about how the open protocol created by the government was instrumental in the internet's survival and expansion, but was TCP/IP actually invented by the government? A little research says that yes, it was started by Cerf and Kahn when they were working under DARPA (Defense Advanced Projects Agency) in 1973, and got developed further by a joint effort between DARPA, Stanford University, and University College London. The protocol was adopted as the standard for military computing in 1982, and promoted by the Internet Advisory Board for commercial use in 1985. Hence the government was fundamental in the development and promotion of the open protocols and ultimately in laying the foundation of modern internet. I don't know how I missed it but it's definitely an important bit of knowledge to know.

Moving onto this week, the material covered in class was the concept of Property. It felt a bit abstract and I'm not sure whether I understood everything Danny was trying to convey. Nevertheless, I will read the posted notes and ask Danny should anything remain unclear.

Lastly, as we head into the finals, this would be my last blog post for the SLOG. I had a great time writing it, and I hope my dear readers would have just as much fun reading it! See you all next year!


Me, before the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment